Student Accommodation

For lots of students, going to university means moving out of home for the first time. This can be a really daunting experience and so universities offer a lot of support to make sure the transition is as smooth as possible.

‘Halls of Residence’ is accommodation owned by the university and is primarily for first-year students. Most students will live in halls, and it’s a great introduction to living away from home. You’ll have your own room and often be sharing a flat, including kitchen and living areas with 4-10 others, some will have shared bathrooms or you can opt for an en-suite room. You’ll also be close to the university campus and might have facilities like a gym or social centre on-site.

In later years students typically rent a property from a private landlord. The Students’ Union will be able to offer advice on how to go about finding a house and you’ll get to choose where you live, who you live with and have more flexibility over how much rent you pay!

To find out more visit:

Enter your details below to keep up to date with what’s going on and the latest news from the Higher Education Roadshow team: